It’s a slow time for the NFL and a slow time for the Saints. The team is currently on summer break and won’t be back together officially until training camp starts July 29th — news is thin.
Former star wide receiver Joe Horn took a page from Deuce McAllisterand signed with team for one day so he could announce his retirement from professional football.
Thereis no telling what the future holds for Horn but maybe like so many players before him can land with a network as an NFL analyst. The possibility exists that Horn could also be a Hall of Fame candidate down the road.
Former and possibly current Viking quarterback Brett Favre told a Mississippi newspaper that he would love to get the chance to beat the Saints after his loss to them in the NFC Championship game last season.
At this point if Favre doesn’t return to the Vikings for the 2010-2011 season I would be utterly dumbfounded so it is safe to say he will get that chance.
In a surprise move the team released defensive end Bobby McCray earlier this week. McCray was in line for a chance at the starting left defensive end spot that was vacated by the release of Charles Grant.
McCray had been running with the first team defense through out this off-season.
Drew Brees was appointed to President Obama’s Council of Physical Fitness, Sports and Nutrition which officially makes him a contributing member of the president’s administration.
Brees is already heavily involved with the NFL’s Play 60 campaign which urges kids of all ages to play at least 60 minutes a day in order to maintain a health lifestyle. He essentially is doing the same thing for the president just on a much larger scale.
Links to the top stories from whodatdish.com…
- Brett Favre just cant help himself: New Orleans Saints: Favre To Return Just For A Shot At Beating The Saints?
- McCray is dropped:Suprisingly Saints Release DE Bobby “93 Octane” McCray
- Horn calls it quits: Joe Horn Hangs His Cleats Up For Good As A Member Of The New Orleans Saints
- Need we say more: Why The New Orleans Saints Will Repeat As Super Bowl Champs
- Gris Gris Man Spells: Pre-Season Gris Gris
The other links…
- The Times-Picayune coverage of the Saints on NOLA.com, please follow this link to view.
- Pat Yasinskas of ESPN gives a little incite on Sean Payton’s book: Payton’s book tells more than a story
- USA Today questions why the Saints have not been to the White House: Politics keeping New Orleans Saints from the White House?
- SBRForum.com: NFL Stock Market Report: Buy or Sell the New Orleans Saints
- Paul Augustin Jr. from Bleacher Report: New Orleans Saints Releasing Bobby McCray a Necessary Evil