The New Orleans Saints stunned the Who Dat Nation yet again after trading away WR Kenny Stills to the Miami Dolphins in exchange for a much needed interior linebacker in Dannell Ellerbe and a third-round draft pick.
Parting ways with Stills was a questionable decision — he’s young, fast, emerging on a rapid pace and is resting on a cheap rookie contract. However, some say QB Drew Brees was not a fan of the receiver’s or Ben Grubbs work ethic (that’s up in the air), and the idea — Jimmy Graham trade aside — is to keep the club’s All-Pro gunslinger happy during his final years in the Big Easy.
Kenny Stills will now be taking his talents to South Beach. Saints players and fans sounded off via Twitter to his departure from the Crescent City. Of course, there were mixed emotions.
In just two years, Kenny Stills became one of Drew Brees’ top targets, accumulating 95 receptions for 1,572 yards and eight touchdowns from 2013-2014. Missing just one game last season, that extra contest could have put Stills over the 1,000 yard mark — he finished with 931 yards in 15 games.
More from Who Dat Dish
- 3 takeaways from Saints unofficial depth chart ahead of preseason opener
- Saints 2022 Training Camp: Top 5 takeaways from Day 13
- 3 things to know about new Saints QB K.J. Costello
- Kirk Merritt could be a difficult player for the Saints to cut
- Kareem Hunt is an interesting trade prospect but should Saints go for it?