Saints news revolves around former Bears and Eagles running back Jordan Howard working out with the team as well as the USFL Defensive Player of the Year, Chris Odom doing so as well.
The New Orleans Saints are always looking to get better and they’re bringing in some talent late this offseason and right before training camp to see if they can make additions to their roster.
The bigger of the two names coming in for a tryout is Jordan Howard, who was a fifth-round pick by the Bears in 2016 and went on to become a big star for them. He joined the Eagles in 2019 and played for them until this past season, rushing for 406 yards and three touchdowns in seven games.
The other name working out with the Saints is Chris Odom of the United States Football League. Odom won the Defensive Player of the Year award after notching 12.5 sacks. He’d bring fire to this Saints defense, that’s for sure.
Here’s what’s trending in Saints news.
- Saints bring in RB Jordan Howard for a try out [Brenden Ertle, Canal Street Chronicles]
- 6 teams the Saints could call for help at running back [John Sigler, Saints Wire]
- Recently retired Malcolm Jenkins says Saints secondary ‘built to beat Tom Brady‘ [Devin Jackson, NOLA.com]
- Saints should be keeping an eye on Chiefs RB situation [Who Dat Dish]
- 3 players who could hold the New Orleans Saints ransom in 2023 [Brandy Nelson, Who Dat Dish]
The Saints are looking for running back help because of the pending suspension for Alvin Kamara. Mark Ingram will need help while his teammate is out and while NOLA has Abram Smith, Tony Jones Jr., Devine Ozigbo, and Dwayne Washington on the roster, adding a more veteran name makes sense. Howard could be a nice addition if his tryout goes smoothly.
As for Odom, the Saints defense is the strength of their team so why not give the USFL’s best defensive player an audition? The worst that can happen is that he doesn’t impress and they can continue to field one of the best defenses in the league.
Want your voice heard? Join the Who Dat Dish team!
What do you think of these two potential newcomers?