The New Orleans Saints made their first pick of the 2015 NFL Draft at No. 13 overall, selecting Stanford offensive lineman Andrus Peat. A bit surprising, but the line still needed to be addressed. Peat could come in and compete immediately for a starting role, likely at right tackle. Drew Brees needs his protection and the ground attack needs its holes.
Fans, players and media reacted to the decision via Twitter, and of course, there were some mixed feelings by fans, but mainly positive, welcoming Andrus Peat to his new team.
Are we looking at a potential Zach Strief replacement? Maybe the New Orleans Saints do believe he can be a guard, even at an abnormally big size for the position. We shall see what the plan is. He is a rare, monstrous talent with a very bright future. However, I still believe defense should have been the go-to with the 13 pick in the first round — many people thought the same. Regardless, the Who Dat Nation holds a firm trust in Coach Sean Payton and GM Mickey Loomis. Welcome to the Big Easy, Andrus Peat!
More from Who Dat Dish
- 3 takeaways from Saints unofficial depth chart ahead of preseason opener
- Saints 2022 Training Camp: Top 5 takeaways from Day 13
- 3 things to know about new Saints QB K.J. Costello
- Kirk Merritt could be a difficult player for the Saints to cut
- Kareem Hunt is an interesting trade prospect but should Saints go for it?