The New Orleans Saints find themselves in a three-way tie atop the NFC South through the first two weeks of the 2023 NFL season.
Now, they'll take on a team who just lost to the Falcons last week, the Green Bay Packers.
I'm going to give you everything you need to know to bet on this Week 3 matchup, including my best bet, but if you want my picks for the rest of the slate check out the latest edition of the "Road to 272 Bets".
If you're going to bet on this week's action, make sure to do so at Caesars Sportsbook. For a limited time, new users will get their first bet on Caesars, up to $1,000! Just click the link below to take advantage of this deal.
Now, let's dive into the game.
Saints vs. Packers odds, spread, and total
Saints vs. Packers betting trends
- The UNDER is 8-0 in the Saints' last eight games
- The Saints are 4-1 ATS in their last five games against the Packers
- Saints are 5-1 ATS in their last six games against NFC North opponents
- Saints are 0-4-1 ATS in their last five games played in September
- Packers are 6-1 ATS in their last seven games
- The OVER is 7-3 in the Packers' last 10 games
- The OVER is 9-2 in the last 11 meetings between these two teams
- Packers are 9-2 ATS in their last 11 games played in September
Saints vs. Packers injury reports
New Orleans Saints Injury Report
- Keandre Miller - RB - Questionable
- Jamaal Williams - RB - Questionable
Green Bay Packers Injury Report
- Christian Watson - WR - Questionable
- Aaron Jones - RB - Questionable
- David Bakhtiari - OT - Questionable
- Elgton Jenkins - G - Questionable
- Lukas Van Ness - LB - Questionable
Saints vs. Packers key players to watch
New Orleans Saints
Demario Davis: The key to success for the Saints this season is their defense and Demario Davis is the leader of that unit. Through the first two games, he has 17 combined tackles, 13 of those were solo. He also has one sack and two tackles for a loss. He might just be one of the best linebackers in the game and he's going to play a big role in shutting down the Packers offense.
Green Bay Packers
Jayden Reed: The second round pick out of Michigan State has been one of the best receiving options for the Packers this season. He has caught 6-of-13 targets for 85 yards and two touchdowns. If Jordan Love is going to take the next step in his production, Reed is going to play a big role in that.
Saints vs. Packers prediction and pick
Jordan Love has thrown a combined six touchdowns through the first two games, but that's covering up an issue with his accuracy. He has completed just 55.8% of his passes in those games. Now, he has to take on one of the best pass defenses in the NFL.
The Saints have shut down the first two quarterbacks they've faced this season in Ryan Tannehill and Bryce Young, so they should be able to succeed against Love and the Packers as well.
The Saints offense is a solid unit, but they need to stop turning the ball over. If they do, they're effective enough to let their defense win the game for them.
I'll take the two points with the Saints on the road.
Odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.
You can check out all of Iain's bets here!