NOLA Saints news involves two new players joining the squad and details of Jarvis Landry’s contract emerging.
Andrews has been in the league since 2015, playing for the Eagles in 2015 and 2016, the Colts in 2018 and 2019, the Jets in 2020, and the Falcons in 2021. Now, he’s on his fifth team and could be a potential depth piece on the Saints’ offensive line this year.
As of now, the two guard spots are claimed by Andrus Peat and Cesar Ruiz but we all know how lackluster those two have been. Andrews is probably the third-stringer at left guard behind Peat and Forrest Lamp.
Black played his college ball at Syracuse and went undrafted this year. He had 35 tackles and 0.5 a sack through 10 games with the Orange last year. He’s not a household name by any means but is a name to watch in training camp.
A bigger name who joined the Saints was Jarvis Landry, who the team signed last Friday. Landry is going to play on a one-year deal with New Orleans, which is a win-win for him and the team, as he can put together a solid campaign for next year’s free agency and NOLA won’t break the bank for him.
Here’s what’s trending in NOLA Saints news.
- Josh Black Signs With New Orleans Saints [Mike McAllister, All Syracuse]
- Mickey Loomis sees extra emotion bringing Tyrann Mathieu and Jarvis Landry home [Michael David Smith, Pro Football Talk]
- Why adding Jarvis Landry could be the final piece of a nightmarish Saints offense for opponents [LucasLoffredo, Canal Street Chronicles]
- Drew Brees’ tweets leaves fans dreaming of his return [Loyal Ricks Jr., NFL Spin Zone]
- Jarvis Landry addition gives Saints one of the best WR trios [Who Dat Dish]
Obviously, Landry is the biggest name out of these newcomers and he’ll have the biggest role as a result. Andrews and Black will be fighting for roster spots while Landry is walking into a situation where he’s a lock to be a starter.
The addition of Landry gives New Orleans a respectable wide receiver for the first time in several years. Their offense should greatly benefit.