The NOLA Saints head to Tampa Bay this weekend for a date with the Buccaneers in primetime. The last time these two teams faced off in primetime, it didn’t go well for Tampa, as they had the doors blown off of them by New Orleans.
A lot has changed since then though, as the Saints lost Drew Brees to retirement while the Bucs went on to win the Super Bowl. Yuck.
As of now, the Saints are massive underdogs to the Bucs. Does Madden think it’ll be the blowout that Vegas seems to think it will be?
Madden Simulation – NOLA Saints 17, Buccaneers 35
- Taysom Hill – 11-of-24, 178 yards, TD, 3 INT; 18 carries, 56 yards
- Alvin Kamara – 23 carries, 116 yards, TD; 3 rec, 24 yards
- Tre’Quan Smith – 4 rec, 87 yards
- Nick Vannett – 2 rec, 18 yards, TD
- Demario Davis – 12 tackles
- Cameron Jordan – Sack
- Marcus Davenport – 1.5 sacks
- Paulson Adebo – INT
- Tom Brady – 27-of-43, 306 yards, 3 TD, INT
- Leonard Fournette – 14 carries, 56 yards, TD
- Chris Godwin – 4 rec, 98 yards, 2 TD
- Mike Evans – 2 rec, 24 yards, TD
- Devin White – 9 tackles; INT
- Jason Pierre-Paul – 2 sacks
- Richard Sherman – INT
- Sean Murphy-Bunting – INT returned for TD
This would not be a great outcome for the Saints but would anyone really be surprised? I sure wouldn’t.
While the Saints have had the Bucs’ number since Brady got to Tampa, we all know who the better team is, as painful as it is to admit. The Bucs were able to retain everyone from their Super Bowl-winning roster and it’s helped pave the way to a 10-3 record.
With the NFC South title in their grasp, the Bucs are going to be determined to take down a team who has gone 3-0 against them in the regular season. They’re also still in the running to claim home-field advantage for the playoffs, which is an even bigger advantage this year because only the No. 1 seed gets a BYE week.
Looking at the stats on both sides, Hill has another difficult game through the air, throwing three picks, one of which goes for a pick-six. Kamara has a dominant game to the surprise of no one but the offense isn’t able to do enough to keep up with the high-flying Bucs.
Hopefully, Madden is wrong on this projection but I don’t blame the video game for thinking the Bucs will steamroll the Saints.