Second Trade Scenario:
The second trade scenario I could see the New Orleans Saints offering is a 2020 third-round pick and a 2020 sixth-round pick for Brandin Cooks and a 2020 fourth-round pick.
More from Who Dat Dish
- Are the Saints playoff contenders or pretenders in 2022?
- 3 takeaways from Saints unofficial depth chart ahead of preseason opener
- Saints 2022 Training Camp: Top 5 takeaways from Day 13
- 3 things to know about new Saints QB K.J. Costello
- Kirk Merritt could be a difficult player for the Saints to cut
The Rams have expressed their interest in wanting to acquire a second-round pick for Brandin Cooks, but if they don’t want to wait until 2021 to acquire one from the Saints, they could accept this counter offer.
This offer would benefit both teams.
It would benefit the Rams because they’re getting an early-round pick in a deep draft class as well as moving on from Brandin Cooks who is on a player-friendly deal.
This deal would benefit the Saints because they’re in a position where they don’t need a lot of draft picks and can grab some serious talent for next to nothing.
Brandin Cooks is a bit expensive and could make the Saints hesitant to trade a second-round pick for Cooks’ services as he’s due eight million dollars in 2020 and a combined $52 million over the last three years of his contract.
This trade scenario makes the most sense out of the three and is most likely to happen if a deal is proposed.