The 2020 free agency class
The 2020 free agent cornerback class is really nothing special, but there are a few diamonds in the rough.
More from Who Dat Dish
- Are the Saints playoff contenders or pretenders in 2022?
- 3 takeaways from Saints unofficial depth chart ahead of preseason opener
- Saints 2022 Training Camp: Top 5 takeaways from Day 13
- 3 things to know about new Saints QB K.J. Costello
- Kirk Merritt could be a difficult player for the Saints to cut
Bradley Roby from the Houston Texans is slated to become a free agent after a solid year with the team.
The 28-year-old has had a bit of a roller-coaster career, but those are the kind of guys the Saints tend to sign. Roby also attended Ohio State which is only a big deal because the Saints have a tendency to acquire former Buckeyes.
The Saints should also take a look at Kendall Fuller. Fuller is set to become a free agent after an injury-plagued season with the Kansas City Chiefs. The 25-year-old is likely to rebound well from his injury as he is still very young and has been very effective in the past.
The Saints may be able to get him for a bit cheaper knowing his injury situation. I could also see Ronald Darby is a solid option. He had a rough 2019 season, but he would be an excellent buy-low option for the team.
He could be extra depth to relieve Lattimore or Jenkins if need be. Due to Darby’s solid past, I would say he’s worth a shot.