The New Orleans Saints host the Oakland Raiders in week one of the 2016 NFL season.
Week one of the 2016 NFL season started off with the Broncos sticking a dagger to one of the Saints arch rival’s, the North Carolina Panthers. Now it’s time for the root of New Orleans to make a stand and keep the excitement alive. However, there’s one problem standing in their way and it’s the Oakland Raiders.
The Saints have been struggling for a few years trying revive their identity, while the Raiders seem to have found all of their missing pieces. Although they’re not in the same state, both teams look to be on the same level, making this a good one!
A win is important for both teams considering the conferences they compete in. Teams in the NFC South and the AFC West that were horrible two years ago are silently on the come up. The Saints can’t only depend on home field advantage, there’s more to getting a win Sunday.
Saints Keys to winning
- First thing’s first, the offensive line has to man up! The Raiders will bring every man they have at Brees. In order for him to do what he does best, the O-Line can’t get bullied.
- Secondly, the run game has to get going right off the back. Brees can’t do everything on his own. He needs help and the Saints need to be more than just a throwing team. Yes, Mark Ingram the team needs you!
- On the other side of the ball it’s simple, play smart defense and stay in man coverage. Everyone knows Carr’s main target is going to be Michael Crabtree. However, you can’t sleep on Cooper. His and Carr connection might have slightly been off during preseason, but he’s a monster on the field. He will be a key factor to a win or loss for both teams.
These three things are very manageable and possible. However, the biggest factor to winning on Sunday is finishing. The Saints have to finish and not give it away.
More from Who Dat Dish
- Are the Saints playoff contenders or pretenders in 2022?
- 3 takeaways from Saints unofficial depth chart ahead of preseason opener
- Saints 2022 Training Camp: Top 5 takeaways from Day 13
- 3 things to know about new Saints QB K.J. Costello
- Kirk Merritt could be a difficult player for the Saints to cut
Prediction: Saints will fall short to the Raiders, losing by a field goal. Sorry Who Dat Nation, it’s just their time to shine! The Raiders, along with the city of Oakland, have been waiting to have a team that’s a force to reckon with. They have young players in Carr, Cooper and Khalil Mack, while the Saints have Drew Brees, who is pretty much the heart of the team.