The New Orleans Saints began their offseason training program on Monday, and players were excited to get back to work for the first time this year.
The truth hurts. After turning in three losing seasons in the past four years, thanks to historically bad performances from the defense, the New Orleans Saints are no longer that feared powerhouse everybody once dreaded to play.
More from Saints News
- Are the Saints playoff contenders or pretenders in 2022?
- 3 takeaways from Saints unofficial depth chart ahead of preseason opener
- Saints 2022 Training Camp: Top 5 takeaways from Day 13
- 3 things to know about new Saints QB K.J. Costello
- Kirk Merritt could be a difficult player for the Saints to cut
But a solid draft in 2015 and wise money spending in free agency this offseason has potentially set the organization up for the future. Hitting big in the approaching draft could help the Saints take a tremendous step forward for the upcoming season.
Drew Brees is still under center, so even an average to top-20 defense could get this team back in the playoffs. There is still a ton of work to do, but some of that work got underway Monday morning as offseason training kicked off.