Sep 14, 2014; Cleveland, OH, USA; New Orleans Saints running back Pierre Thomas (23) looks for running room against the Cleveland Browns during the fourth quarter at FirstEnergy Stadium. The Browns won 26-24. Mandatory Credit: Ron Schwane-USA TODAY Sports
After trading some early scoring possessions, the Minnesota Vikings would only trail the Saints by one point (14-13) with 6:59 left to play in the second quarter during the 2011 matchup. The Saints would score before halftime, and rattle off 28 unanswered points to route the Vikings 42-20. Drew Brees threw for over 400 yards, five touchdown passes, and go 32/40 to help the Saints win in December. The defense held Minnesota to only 12 total first downs and 207 total yards of offense.
Here’s information on how to watch and listen to this Sunday’s broadcast.
When: Sunday, September 21st
Start Time: 12PM CST / 1PM ET
Where: Mercedes-Benz Superdome (New Orleans, LA)
Tailgate Weather: Hi 89°, Lo 74° | A thunderstorm possible (25% precipitation)
Saints Uniforms: Black pants with White jerseys
Live Stream: NFL.com
Listen: Local Radio Broadcast 105.3FM/AM870 (WWL Radio – Jim Henderson, Hokie Gajan, Kristian Garic)
TV Channel: FOX – Local New Orleans (WVUE – FOX8)
Broadcast Team: Chris Myers, Ronde Barber
Previous Game & Record Information:
Minnesota Vikings (1-1), 30-7 loss to New England Patriots
New Orleans Saints (0-2), 26-24 loss to Cleveland Browns
Last Meeting: 12/18/2011 (Saints defeated Vikings 42-20 in the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome)
Last Five Meetings between Saints-Vikings:
12/18/11 – New Orleans Saints 42, Minnesota Vikings 20
9/9/10 – New Orleans Saints 14, Minnesota Vikings 9
1/24/10 – New Orleans Saints 31, Minnesota Vikings 28 (F/OT)
10/6/08 – Minnesota Vikings 30, New Orleans Saints 27
9/25/05 – Minnesota Vikings 33, New Orleans Saints 16
New Orleans Saints Injury Report
PROBABLE: LB Curtis Lofton (Shoulder), C Jonathan Goodwin (Elbow), WR Joe Morgan (Knee), Kyle Knox (Ankle)
QUESTIONABLE: C/G Tim Lelito (Back)
OUT: FB Erik Lorig (Ankle), S Marcus Ball (Hamstring), RB Mark Ingram (Hand), LB David Hawthorne (Ankle)
All things Vikings-Saints:
- New Orleans Saints’ Opposition Intel: Minnesota Vikings
- Minnesota Vikings vs. New Orleans Saints: Keys to the Game
- Hey Who Dat Nation: Take a “Chill Pill”
- New Orleans Saints vs. Minnesota Vikings: Should Sean Payton Test Out SJB and Dixon?
- Week 3 Saints vs. Vikings “X-Factor”: DE Cam Jordan
- Minnesota Vikings vs. New Orleans Saints: Five Impact Players
- Adrian Peterson OUT Indefinitely, put on Commissioner’s Exempt List
- Vikings Not Cowards For Playing Adrian Peterson
- New Orleans Saints vs. Minnesota Vikings: Recalling the NFC Championship
- Lack of Sack: Can Saints Pass Rush Improve vs.Vikings?
- Batter Up, Khiry Robinson: Saints RB Due For Big Workload With Mark Ingram Out
- The New Orleans Saints’ Season Is Far From Over
Have any game predictions? Let us know below!