Another cornerback the Saints could consider giving a look is Madre Harper. According to Cincy Jungle’s Dadio Makdook, Harper was among the most efficient cornerbacks coming out of college at Southern Illinois.
More from Who Dat Dish
- 3 takeaways from Saints unofficial depth chart ahead of preseason opener
- Saints 2022 Training Camp: Top 5 takeaways from Day 13
- 3 things to know about new Saints QB K.J. Costello
- Kirk Merritt could be a difficult player for the Saints to cut
- Kareem Hunt is an interesting trade prospect but should Saints go for it?
“Last year at Southern Illinois, he ranked 17th in the nation with 12 pass break-ups, was sixth on the team in tackles with 42, and intercepted two passes. He also ran an impressive 4.43 in the 40-yard dash after playing in this year’s Senior Bowl,” he wrote.
Undrafted, Harper joined the Raiders with an uphill battle. It was obvious given their reach for Ohio State cornerback Damon Arnette in the first round. They drafted another cornerback in the fourth round.
Harper was waived by the Raiders. “It will be near impossible for Harper to the make Raiders’ regular season roster but making the practice squad is feasible,” Silver and Black Pride wrote months ago.
Harper was a Day 3 option for teams, but when undrafted. He’ll likely get a shot with another franchise, and although unlikely, the Saints should at least give him a look at strengthen their cornerback unit.