New Orleans Saints: 2 studs, 1 dud in division-clinching Week 13 victory
Stud: Cameron Jordan
Cameron Jordan made history by sacking Matt Ryan four times in a Thanksgiving Day feast for the 30-year-old. This was the most times a defender has sacked one quarterback since sacks were tracked as a stat.
More from Who Dat Dish
- NFL’s Ian Rapoport is ridiculously high on the NOLA Saints in 2022
- 4 Saints who will prove fans wrong during the 2022 season
- Only one player has better odds to win CPOTY over Jameis Winston
- 3 teams that Jameis Winston can torch with his arm in 2022
- Bradley Roby sees Super Bowl comparisons in New Orleans Saints
The 6-foot-4 defensive end now has 13.5 sacks on the season, a league-high. This is now his third straight season with double-figure sacks. He’s been the veteran anchor of this line, and he continues to impress.
Without Jones, the Falcons’ receiver found it difficult to separate from a pressing Saints secondary so some of Jordan’s success can be found in the dominance of Apple and Lattimore. However, it was Jordan’s unrelenting pass rush that now has him in the league’s record books.
Having started all 12 games, Jordan’s 13.5 sacks is a career-high, and the team still has four games remaining. They’ll need another terrific performance in their Week 14 matchup against the 10-2 San Francisco 49ers.
The nine-year veteran and former All-Pro is playing the best football of his career at the perfect time.