The Chicago Bears are a mess. The record of 3-13 last year leaves plenty of opportunity to improve on that record. Here are some key bullet points:
- The Bears signed free agent QB Mike Glennon and drafted QB Mike Glennon.
- Their biggest free agent acquisition has to be CB Prince Amukamara.
- This is the only stat that matters. Offense 17.4 ppg (28th) vs. Defense 14.9 ppg (24th)
- The Jay Cutler era is finished.
- Running back Tarik Cohen is gonna be a star
Anytime your team gets outscored by a touchdown on average is never a good thing. The Chicago Bears have so many issues, that it’s impossible to cover. Above all, the point thing is pathetic. The 17 point average is bad enough. Add that with a defense that gives up nearly 25 points and you’ve got problems.
In 2016, the Bears won just three games. The three victims were the San Francisco 49ers, Detroit Lions, and the Minnesota Vikings. Five of their losses came with just 10 offensive points or less. The Saints play Chicago at home. This game should be over by the second quarter.