Set aside your feelings from the legal issues going on right now with Darren Sharper, at least for a minute or two.
Arguably, Sharper made the greatest impact for the black and gold upon arrival in 2009. Sharper was brought in on a one-year deal after spending the past few seasons with the Minnesota Vikings.
Sharper was nothing short of spectacular, as he tied a career-high with his nine interceptions, and had three of those returned for a touchdown (Eagles, Jets, Dolphins) during the regular season. His impact helped fuel the New Orleans Saints defense in 2009, and ultimately led to a Super Bowl trophy.
You could just feel the defense had an extra big of ‘swagger’ with Sharper out there.
After the Super bowl season, Sharper would have micro-fracture arthroscopic surgery on his left knee. He’d be placed on the PUP (physically unable to perform) list, and would come back to the Saints on October 24. After the shocking loss to the Seattle Seahawks in the Wild Card round, Sharper’s playing days would be over, and his legal issues would rear its ugly head.
Like our list? Disagree with someone we chose? Let us know below!
More from Who Dat Dish
- 3 takeaways from Saints unofficial depth chart ahead of preseason opener
- Saints 2022 Training Camp: Top 5 takeaways from Day 13
- 3 things to know about new Saints QB K.J. Costello
- Kirk Merritt could be a difficult player for the Saints to cut
- Kareem Hunt is an interesting trade prospect but should Saints go for it?