The New Orleans Saints had one of the worst defenses in NFL history in 2012. Two years later, what we saw on the field was awfully close to that defense: missed tackles, blown assignments, mental mistakes and too many big plays allowed. Rob Ryan is not the only one to blame, execution was a major issue in 2014.
Saints fans have had enough – myself included. It’s time for Mickey Loomis to fix some holes on this defense and make this unit at least average. It all starts with free agents.
Here’s my take on a few good and affordable players that could improve the Saints’ defense immediately.
More from Saints News
- 3 takeaways from Saints unofficial depth chart ahead of preseason opener
- Saints 2022 Training Camp: Top 5 takeaways from Day 13
- 3 things to know about new Saints QB K.J. Costello
- Kirk Merritt could be a difficult player for the Saints to cut
- 3 players to keep an eye on in Saints vs Texans
Of course none of this will be possible if the Saints won’t make some moves with their own players first but I’m confident Loomis has a plan and will not only get the team under the cap but will also create enough space for a few acquisitions. Which free agent would you like to see in a black and gold uniform next year?