Quick Hits & Uh?
Oct 20, 2013; Kansas City, MO, USA; Kansas City Chiefs outside linebacker Tamba Hali (91) forces a fumble by sacking Houston Texans quarterback Case Keenum (7) in the second half at Arrowhead Stadium. The Chiefs won 17-16. Mandatory Credit: John Rieger-USA TODAY Sports
There were zero 400 yard passers, so how bout we go with the Duds of the Week?
- Nick Foles left Sunday’s game against the Cowboys, but not before he went 11-29, 80 yards, and was sacked 3 times.
- Speaking of the Eagles, Matt Barkley finished 11-20 for 129 yards, and 3 interceptions. It was a modest 35.2 passer rating.
- Life as Carson Palmer sure is fun, he finished Thursday night’s affair being sacked 7 times, and picked off twice. I can’t tell you the last time Palmer ever looked comfortable in the pocket.
The Chiefs added another 5 sacks to their 31 total from a week ago. This now brings them to 36, which is halfway to the record of the 1984 Bears (72). It’s taken them 7 games to get there. Let that sink in. 7.
7 weeks into the season, and Jacksonville (76) & Tampa Bay (87) have still not cracked triple digits in points scored.
NFL Top 3 Category Leaders
- Passing Yards: P. Manning (2,565), Rivers (2,132), Stafford (2,129)
- Passing TDs: P. Manning (25), Romo-Rivers-Stafford (15)
- Rushing Yards: McCoy (685), Lynch (578), Charles (561)
- Rushing TDs: Moreno (8), Lynch-Forte-Charles (6)
- Receiving Yards: T. Smith (629), Decker (627), A.J. Green (619)
- Receiving TDs: Welker-Ju. Thomas (8), V. Davis-Megatron-Royal-Dez Bryant-Graham-J. Cameron (6)
If the playoffs started this week, here’s how it would shape up:
- AFC: (1) KC, (2) CIN, (3) IND, (4) NE, (5) DEN, (6) SD ***Note: Chargers & Jets both hold a 4-3 record***
- NFC: (1) SEA, (2) NO, (3) GB, (4) DAL, (5) SF, (6) DET ***Note: Lions & Bears both hold a 4-3 record***