Oct 6, 2013; Cincinnati, OH, USA; New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady (12) warms up before the game against the Cincinnati Bengals at Paul Brown Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Mark Zerof-USA TODAY Sports
Did You Know?
- This is the 13th meeting between the two clubs, as New England leads the all-time series 8-4. The Saints are 1-4 at home, and 3-4 on the road against the Patriots.
- The last time these two faced each other was in New Orleans (11/30/09) for Monday Night Football. The Saints won the game 38-17, powered by a monster performance by Drew Brees (18/23, 371 yards, and 5 touchdowns). The game was also famous for Devery Henderson’s 75-yard touchdown catch on a play where he was wide open, and I mean no one was within 15-20 yards. Jim Henderson put it best, as he said, ‘He could do the backstroke into the endzone‘
- The last time the Saints played in New England was 2005, and the Saints lost 24-17
- The first matchup between these two teams was 12/10/72, and actually, the first four meetings between these two were all in the month of December. This is only the 2nd time these two play in October.
- Tom Brady is 0-3 in his career vs. Drew Brees (2 lossesagainst the Chargers, 1 loss against the Saints)
Injury Report as of 10/10
- DNP: S Roman Harper (Knee), WR Lance Moore (Hand), T Zac Strief (Ankle), DE Tyrunn Walker (Knee)
- Limited: DT Brodrick Bunkley (Calf), LB Ramon Humber (Calf), RB Mark Ingram (Toe), S Malcolm Jenkins (Neck), CB Keenan Lewis (Knee)
You think to yourself, when is it going to end? How great is this feeling? Can’t it last forever? Games like this, especially when you are sitting undefeated, are even tougher to figure out. It gets harder and harder as the season progresses. However, Sean Payton should know what to tell his team to lead them in the right direction on Sunday. You want to enter your bye week on a high note, and I don’t believe this game will be any type of blowout, or even a high scoring shootout. I do believe it’s going to be close. I’ll gladly stick to my score prediction when I ranked this the #2 game of the Saints 2013 Season.
Final Prediction: Saints 28, Patriots 23
What’s your final game prediction? Let us know below!