Aug 29, 2013; Chicago, IL, USA; Chicago Bears defensive end Julius Peppers (90) watches the game against the Cleveland Browns during the fourth quarter at Soldier Field. Mandatory Credit: Mike DiNovo-USA TODAY Sports
Did You Know?
- This is the 28th meeting between the Saints & Bears. The Bears lead the all-time series 15-12
- The last time these two faced each other was in New Orleans (9/18/11), where the Saints won 30-13, powered by a strong Drew Brees outing (26/37, 270, 3TD), and a memorable for a 79-yard bomb and run to Devery Henderson
- The Saints have not won at Soldier Field since 2002 (see Jeff Blake). They’ve only won 1 out of their last 5 against the Bears, and are 0-3 in their past visits to Solider Field, including the 2006 NFC Championship Game
- Pierre Thomas spent his time in Chicago (Illinois) in college, and Matt Forte spent his time in New Orleans (Tulane) in college
- In addition to Forte, the Bears have a fair amount of Louisiana natives/locals: Craig Steltz (LSU), Michael Ford (LSU), Charles Tillman (ULL), Jordan Mills (LATECH)
- Sean Payton played quarterback for the Bears in 1987 during the strike season,
Injury Report as of 10/4
- OUT: WR Lance Moore (Hand), S Roman Harper (Knee), DT Brodrick Bunkley (Calf), RB Mark Ingram (Toe), DE Tyrunn Walker (Knee)
- Questionable: CB Keenan Lewis (Hip), DE Tom Johnson (Hamstring)
- Probable: G Tim Lelito (Calf)
This is one of those potentially ‘defining’ games for the Saints. I have to be honest, this is one of the games I picked the Saints to lose in my Ranking the Saints Games article. The potential for cooler weather is going to be there (not freezing), as temperatures are predicted to be in the mid 50s. I know a lot has changed as we’re running through the season, and it could honestly go either way. I’m sticking to the team that has had a harder schedule this year, and who’s really shown up. It will be a close game, that’s for sure.
Final Prediction: Saints 27, Bears 24
What’s your final game prediction? Let us know below!