Sep 30, 2013; New Orleans, LA, USA; Miami Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill (17) fumbles the ball as he is tackled by New Orleans Saints middle linebacker Curtis Lofton (behind) and outside linebacker David Hawthorne (57) in the second quarter at Mercedes-Benz Superdome. Mandatory Credit: Crystal LoGiudice-USA TODAY Sports
The New Orleans Saints and Miami Dolphins are at halftime of their Monday Night Football duel, and the Saints have a major advantage over the Dolphins at 21-10.
Let’s take a quick look at some thoughts about the highly entertaining half.
– The Saints defense forced a turnover by taking advantage of Ryan Tannehill’s fumbling issues, and just in time on a major drive.
– Jimmy Graham got his with a major touchdown reception. Like we said earlier, Graham needed to step up.
– Darren Sproles continued to be unstoppable and recorded over 100 total yards halfway through the second quarter.
– Jabari Greer stepped up with a major interception.
– Darren Sproles scores!
– The offensive line continues to struggle as Drew Brees was sacked for the 11th time this season.
– The run defense looked soft on Lamar Miller’s touchdown run.
– The defense allowed a major play out of the backfield and flashed signs of last year’s unit that missed plenty of tackles and blew assignments.
Follow me on Twitter for more NFL news and analysis @Chris_Roling