Sep 15, 2013; Phoenix, AZ, USA; Detroit Lions wide receiver Nate Burleson (13) is taken down by Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu (32) in the first quarter during a game against the Arizona Cardinals at University of Phoenix Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Jennifer Hilderbrand-USA TODAY Sports
Did You Know?
- This will be the 28th time the Saints & Cardinals meet (Cardinals lead the all-time series 14-13)
- The Saints have won 6 out of the last 7 home meetings against the Cardinals
- Since the first meeting in 1967, the Cardinals have flown under ‘St. Louis’, ‘Phoenix’, and presently ‘Arizona’
- Four former LSU players return to Louisiana: CB Patrick Peterson, S Tyran Mathieu, LB Kevin Minter, & CB Curtis Taylor
- This is the first time the Cardinals come to New Orleans, since 1/16/10 (Super Bowl Year), where Kurt Warner and company were beat 45-14, fueled by a strong performance from Reggie Bush
Saints Injury Report (as of 9/19)
- Limited: DE Tyrunn Walker (Knee), DE Glenn Foster (Ankle)
- Did Not Participate: DE Tom Johnson (Hamstring), NT Brodrick Bunkley (Calf), G Jahri Evans (Hamstring), S Roman Harper (Knee), RB Mark Ingram (Toe), S Isa Abdul-Quddus (Ankle)
This matchup is intriguing. I mean nothing is ever a given these days. The Cardinals, with Carson Palmer, have a much better chance than any of the other QBs they’ve used in the past few years. On thing is for certain, you & and I both can’t take another cardiac finish. I’m only giving the Saints 30 in my score prediction, but I honestly think they churn out more. Call it a ‘breakout’ showing for the Saints offense for this young season.
Final Prediction: Saints 30, Cardinals 17