The last installment of the ten part series “The NFL’s Top 100 Players of 2011” is rapidly approaching, yesterday players 20 through 11 were announced with little surprise and only a few gasps.
- 20. Eagles QB Michael Vick
- 19. Packers LB Clay Matthews
- 18. Raiders CB Nnamdi Asomugha
- 17. Ravens DT Haloti Ngata
- 16. Packers CB Charles Woodson
- 15. Colts DE Dwight Freeney
- 14. Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald
- 13. Titans RB Chris Johnson
- 12. Cowboys DE/LB DeMarcus Ware
- 11. Packers QB Aaron Rodgers
Vick had his best season as pro throwing for 3,018 yards and 21 touchdowns. More impressive then his improved passing prowess was his production on the ground, where he accounted for 676 rushing yards and nine touchdowns.
Rodgers was electric in the play-offs completing 68% of his passes for 1,094 yards and nine touchdowns. His passer rating was a combined 109.8 over the four game post season schedule, and he was awarded the MVP for his Super Bowl performance against the Steelers.
With ten players to go there is probably not much questions of who most, if not all of them will be.
Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, Saints quarterback Drew Brees, Texans receiver Andre Johnson, Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis, Colts quarterback Peyton Manning, Bears defensive end Julius Peppers, Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, Steelers safety Troy Polamalu, Ravens safety Ed Reed, and Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis.