SIX YEARS OR MORE EXPERIENCE;
1. C- Jonathan Goodwin; KEEP, his back up Matt Tennant is still not quiet ready to be the starter.
2. FB-Heath Evens; KEEP, when healthy kept opening holes for running backs.
3. RB-Julius Jones; LET GO, having Pierre Thomas, Mark Ingram, Chris Ivory & Reggie Bush will be all they need.
4. RB-Ladell Betts; LET GO, brought in only for injured running backs during the 2010 season.
5. LB-Scott Shanle; KEEP, he’s a smart player, has lost his step, but with his experience he will be able to help with the LB’s drafted this year.
6. LB-Danny Clark; LET GO, unless he’s willing to make the league minimum, will play mainly as a back-up.
7. LB-Kawika Mitchell; LET GO, his age and the fact he only played in one game last year, the Saints need to have room for the young hungry linebackers on their roster.
8. DT Anthony Hargrove; KEEP, has a high motor and plays well when called upon and plays well on special teams.
9. S-Matt Girodano; LET GO, mainly a special teams player, unless he is paid league minimum.
10. S-Darren Sharper; KEEP, if he can continue to mold Malcolm Jenkins into the finest safety in the league, he is worth keeping at least one more year.
11. S-Pierson Prioleau; LET GO, Seems to always make the cut, i guess just knowing Greg Williams system is all you need. Maybe keep him if he’s willing to make the league minimum.
12. DT/DE-Jimmy Wilkerson; KEEP, I think he plays hard every time he is asked to play, thats more than can be said about Alex Brown.