The Saints have trimmed their roster the league mandated 53-man maximum, placing Darren Sharper and Clint Ingram on the PUP list, linebacker Jonathan Casillas on injured reserve and releasing nineteen others.
Some of the cuts were a surprise while other were not, for a complete alaysis read The Bigger Fatter Cut Breakdown: New Orleans Saints Move To 53.
The biggest questions for the Saints is what to do about the loss of Jonathan Casillas who by all indications was going to be the starter at weakside linebacker entering the 2010 season.
For now the Saints will have to turn their attention to the Minnesota Vikings and their opening day game that will be a sequel to their epic showdown in the NFC Championship game seven months ago.
On to the top stories from WhoDatDish.com for the week of 8/30 – 9/5…
- Roster Cuts: The Bigger Fatter Cut Breakdown: New Orleans Saints Move To 53.
- Ramsey or Daniel: New Orleans Saints: Chase Daniel vs. Patrick Ramsey, Does It End Tonight?
- D-Fish in the house: Saints HC Sean Payton Thinks Derek Fisher The Key To Repeat In 2010.
- Earlier Roster Cuts: The Big Fat Cut Breakdown: Saints Move To 75.
- Injury News: Saints LB Jonathan Vilma’s Injury Not A Concern.
What everyone else is saying about the New Orleans Saints…
- The Times-Picayune coverage of the Saints through NOLA.com, click here to view.
- WWL: Saints finish preseason with 27-24 loss to Titans.
- Pro Football Talk: Saints let go of Bobby McCray again.
- Sporting News:NFL cutdown day: NFC South.
- ESPN: NFL Roster Analysis 2010.
- Palm Beach Post: NFL Preview: New Orleans Saints No.1 In NFC Power Rankings.
- Las Vegas Journal: Favre’s Return Add Clarity To Vikings-Saints Matchup.
Get WhoDatDish.com three ways, subscribe to the RSS feed, become a friend of WDD on Twitter, or enjoy the new iPhone and Android app by searching for Who Dat Dish in your phone’s app store, it’s free!