The Saints are coming off two straight pre-season wins over the Houston Texans and San Diego Chargers after dropping their first to the New England Patriots.
In their latest victory over the Chargers the Saints seemed to finally find some answers on special teams specifically on kick and punt return coverage, an area that’s needed vast improvement after giving up nearly 200 yards to the Patriots and about the same to the Texan’s.
New Orleans bottled up virtually every return while finally limiting the big play with fierce hits from a determined special teams squad.
On to the top stories from WhoDatDish.com for the week of 8/23 – 8/29….
- One on one with Kyle Turley: Interview with former Saints first round pick OT Kyle Turely turned “power country” star.
- Team signings: Linebacker K.C. Asiodu signs with Saints for depth, special teams.
- Cut Down: New Orleans Saints cut several players in latest roster trim.
- Product push: Take your Madden game to the next level with the TD Freek.
- Injuries: New Orleans Saints: Injuries continue to haunt running back group.
What everyone else is saying about the New Orleans Saints….
- The Times-Picayune coverage of the Saints through NOLA.com, click here to view.
- Jon Vilma injury (tweeted he will be fine): Jonathan Vilma injures right groin.
- Daily Comet: Saints offense shining in preseason.
- Sheldon Mickles of The Advocate: Mickles: How Saints roster might shake out.
- Milwaukee Journal: Saints picked to repeat as champs.