New Orleans squared off against the Patriots this past Thursday with mixed results eventually losing the contest 24-27 after an error prone fourth quarter.
Drew Brees and the first team offense did little it’s first two possession but seemed to shake of the rust in it’s third possession marching down the field for the touchdown finally showing the from from their league leading 2009 offense.
Punt and kick return coverage was horrendous as the Saints surrendered nearly 200 yards to the Patriots which ultimately cost them the game among other things.
Ultimately though this is what the pre-season is for, identify the problems and fix them for before the season starts next months. For the Saints that means fixing the coverage units and getting back to the basics of secure tackling.
On to the top stories from WhoDatDish.com for the week of August 9th – 15th.
- Roster Moves: Saints re-sign LB Harry Coleman after release of RB Lynell Hamilton
- Free agency:Saints options thin in free agency after loss of RB Lynell Hamilton
- Game Observation:New Orleans Saints: Top five observations from pre-season loss to Patriots
- Super Bowl Champs: Saints trip to the White House says their the cream of the NFl crop
- Ricky Jackson: Saints linebacker Ricky Jackson at Hall of Fame: “Football always has been my life.”
- Gris Gris Man: A day in the life of Gris Gris man