Here we sit a mere three weeks from the start of the Saints training camp which will officially mark the beggining of the 2010-2011 season.
The Saints goal is to be the first repeat Super Bowl champions since the New England Patriots accomplished the feat as back to back champions in 2003 (XXXVIII) and 2004 (XXXIX).
No easy task mind you but one the Saints are more than willing to put in the work to achieve.
Most pundits claim the Saints are doomed to have a mediocre season as so many champs usually do following a Super Bowl winning year — at least the team believes in itself considering they have returned nearly all starters from the championship roster.
The only significant news this past week regarding the Saints is that corner back Danny Gorrer was claimed off waivers from the St. Louis Rams.
Gorrer originally entered the league as undrafted rookie free agent last season with the Saints and showed some promise through out training camp. He was then signed to the practice squad briefly before being snatched up by the Rams.
Top stories on whodatdish.com for the week of 6/28 – 7/4:
- A look at some of the reasons why Chase Daniel will backup Brees in 2010: New Orleans Saints: Chase Daniel Will Be A Brees Of A Backup In 2010.
- Examining Pierre Thomas and his contract situation: Bang For Your Buck: Pierre Thomas.
- Carolina Panthers and their 2010 outlook: Analyzing The NFC South – Carolina Panthers Edition.
- Gorrer back with Saints: New Orleans Saints: CB Danny Gorrer Re-Claimed From Rams.
- Breaking down the Falcons and their 2010 outlook: Analyzing The NFC South – Atlanta Falcons Edition
What everyone else is saying about the New Orleans Saints:
- The Times-Picayune coverage of the Saints on NOLA.com, click here to view all articles.
- Weekly Citizen: New Orleans Saints set for “Championshop Tour” throughout Gulf Coast.
- OnlineSportsHandicapping.com has the Saints as odds on favorites to win the NFC South again in 2010: 2010 NFL Predictions
- Sporting News says Saints may have a hard road ahead:
- Saints #1 Franchise when it comes to rewarding fans: New Orleans Saints Top ESPN The Magazine’s 2010 Ultimate Standings
- KFFL.com analyzes Thomas’ fantasy value: Pierre Thomas, RB, New Orleans Saints