The Saints have wrapped up all OTA’s and mini-camps for the time being and will reconvene for mini-camp in late July.
Several restricted free agents opted to sign their tender offers versus taking a pay-cut for the 2010-2011 season. Running back Pierre Thomas, strong safety Roman Harper and receiver Lance Moore all agreed in earnest to one year contracts.
A chance exists that come training camp Thomas and Harper both could hold out as both are hoping to secure long term deals with the Saints.
Finally Super Bowl XLIV rings were handed out at a private ceremony at the New Orleans based Roosevelt Hotel, to view the ring click here.
All current and several former players including Deuce McAllister, Charles Grant, Mike McKenzie and Billy Miller were in attendance for the event.
Disgruntled offensive tackle Jammal Brown was finally traded after his lengthy hold out. Brown, who missed the entire 2009-2010 season, was holding out in hopes of a new deal and purposefully skipped every off-season event with the team to date.
The deal with the Washington Redskins will send draft picks the Saints way for Brown’s services. The placement of the draft selections is as of yet unknown but you can count on a 2nd and 3rd round pick or possibly a 1st round pick for such a high caliber player.
On to the links…..
- The Times-Picayune coverage of the New Orleans Saints at NOLA.com. click here to read the articles.
- The Canadian Press reports on Moore: Restricted free agent wide receiver Lance Moore re-signs with Saints
- Fox Sports features a story about the Saints raffling a Super Bowl ring: Saints selling raffle tickets for Super Bowl ring to raise money for oil spill relief
- All Headline News examines Reggie Bush’s side of USC sanctions: Saints’ Reggie Bush Breaks Silence On USC Sanctions
- National Football Post on Roy Hall: Roy Hall placed on Saints’ injured reserve
- Philadelphia Daily News has an article about former Saint running back Mike Bell: Bell will ring