A lot of changes have occurred with the Saints over the last few months, players and coaches have come and gone - a new defensive regime is now intact.
Definitely not a surprise to fans in the know.
Thomas has been a Saint since the team acquired him in a trade with Philadelphia during the 2006 draft.
He has recorded 117 tackles, 6.5 sacks, and a fumble recovery in three years with New Orleans.
Thomas was released last season after tearing his tricep muscle during training camp only to re-sign with the team late in the season.
He has fought weight and conditioning problems throughout the last two seasons.
Young has been with the team since migrating from St. Louis as a free agent in 2004.
During his five year stint as a Saint he has started 60 games recording 274 tackles, 12 sacks, and 2 forced fumbles
Young has battled knee injuries since the mid season of 2007, injuring it during a game against Atlanta.
He has undergone six separate surgeries since then to repair the knee – most likely his football career is over.
New Orleans continues to bring in players after the draft signing a slew of undrafted rookies (11) to the club.
The players are as follows:
- Georgia, WR – Kenneth Harris 6-3 215
- Louisville, WR – Chris Vaughn 6-3 224
- Western Illinois, RB – Herb Donaldson 5-10 222
- Wisconsin, RB – P.J. Hill 5-10 222
- UCLA QB, – Patrick Cowan 6-4 218
- Wisconsin, OLB – Johnathan Casillas 6-1 228
- Stanford, C – Alex Fletcher 6-2 297
- Kent State, OT - Augustus Parrish 6-4 303
- Texas, G – Cedric Dockery 6-0 314
- Texas A&M, CB – Danny Gorrer 6-0 185
- Portland State, CB – Reggie Jones 6-0 193
It’s unlikely that most of these players will make the Saints final roster – although it should make for an interesting training camp.
Topics: Alex Fletcher, Augustus Parrish, Brian Young, Cedric Dockery, Chris Vaughn, Danny Gorrer, Herb Donaldson, Hollis Thomas, Johnathan Casillas, Kenneth Harris, New Orleans Defense, New Orleans Saints, New Orleans Saints Rookies, P.J. Hill, Patrick Cowan, Reggie Jones, Undrafred Rookies Signings